Sunday, August 17, 2008

UNTUCKED ODU

The new untucked ODUs are coming out next month and I am sort of on the fence about whether I like them or not. They seem like they would be more comfortable but I've heard it may cause an issue with wearing a gun belt or any other equipment.



Personally, they are both great, but I think the tucked in uniforms just look more put together. There is a long history of interesting changes to the Coast Guard uniforms through the years.

My grandpa served in the Coast Guard during WWII and his uniform looked like this one. I can't imagine seeing these around today.




It's a fun read if you are interested. Check it out here

Though the new uniforms are coming.....the tucked in uniforms can still be worn all the way through December of 2012! That being said, the old uniforms are on SALE!!! right now.

Here's some information posted in a recent email to the guys!!!

TO PAVE THE WAY FOR THE UNTUCKED VERSION OF THE ODU, THE UDC IS OFFERING CERTAIN SIZES OF THE CURRENT TUCKED ODU AT FOUR-FOR-THE- PRICE-OF-ONE. INVENTORY LEVELS OF CERTAIN SIZES MUST BE LIQUIDATED TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO STOCK THE UNTUCKED ODU SCHEDULED FOR
DELIVERY IN SEPTEMBER.

INFORMATION ABOUT ORDERING FOUR TUCKED ODUS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE AND AVAILABLE SALE SIZES IS SHOWN ON THE UDC WEB SITE AT HTTP://WWW.USCG.MIL/UNIFORMS.

CURRENT COST OF THE FOUR-FOR THE-PRICE-OF-ONE ODU COAT IS 27.55. COST OF THE FOUR-FOR-THE-PRICE-OF-ONE ODU PANTS IS 31.52


Tucked or untucked? Anyone have a preference....I'd love to hear!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I am a little late on this one but I am a first timer of visiting the site! I will be sad to see the old uniforms go! I like the more professional look. I don't think untucked looks as sharp. I am sure I will get used to it though!:) In the mean time, we will enjoy the discounts!
Jenn R