Wednesday, August 20, 2008

QUESTION OF THE MONTH

I am still working on updating and posting all the pertinent information that needs to be on this site, and I am really excited about all of the ideas I have. Plus, the collective introduction email will go out to everyone this weekend. But, while I am still working on all that I thought I would post something a little fun.

The Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard has a website with a bunch of interesting information on it. Each month they have a "question of the month" with a fun trivia question about something Coast Guard related. I'm not sure what you win- if anything (maybe you could petition for a day of leave if you win - ha ha) but I thought it might be fun to see if anyone knows the answer to this month's question. Besides it never hurts to know a little bit more about the Coast Guard so here goes.....

What famous Marine was on the island of Guadalcanal the same day that Douglas Munro risked all to save them? Why is his name revered in the annals of Marine Corps history?

Good Luck! - you can post your answers here.

Check back next month for the answer!

0 comments: